Archive for January, 2012
located at 3115 Las Palmas Ave. Escondido Ca 92025
- The new ordinance that deals specifically with the organic farms & eye gnats will be explained.
- Who will conduct this meeting? Jack Miller – Director of Environmental Health & Rod Lorang – Senior Attorney for San Diego County.
- Your attendance in support of Be Wise Ranch & Organic farming, will confirm to the County Board of Supervisors that we are serious about keeping Be Wise Ranch in business.
- Bill Brammer, the organic farmer of Be Wise Ranch will be at this very important meeting.
- To let us know that we can expect your support, please email Sandra@bewiseranch
- Thank you and we hope to see you at the meeting.
You are invited to the fifth Annual 100 Mile Dinner to benefit school gardens.
Hosted by Stone Brewing Company, 1999 Citracado Parkway, Escondido, CA
January 28th, 6:00pm Cocktails / 7:00pm Dinner
Tickets available at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/216820
Choose one of two dates
Sunday, Feb 19th, 12:30 to 2:30 pm
Tuesday, March 6th, 6:30 to 8:30 pm
Our convivium (chapter) is part of Slow Food International, a non-profit organization which was founded by Carlo Petrini in response to the 1986 opening of a McDonalds in Rome’s Piazza Spagna. The mission of Slow Food is to counteract fast food and fast life, the disappearance of local food traditions and people’s dwindling interest in the food they eat, where it comes from, how it tastes and how our food choices affect the rest of the world. Today, there are 80,000 members world-wide.
Slow Food is dedicated to bio-diversity (preservation of food variety) and sustainability (meeting present needs without compromising those of future generations). Slow Food works to support the small farmer, local artisans and preserves cultural food traditions.
San Diego is a bountiful, richly diverse locale for a Slow Food convivium. Our members share a passion for food. Our monthly events reflect our work to support local producers, restaurants and suppliers. We are dedicated to ecologically sound food production. We are committed to awakening our children to the enjoyment and health benefits of quality foods. Finally, we celebrate the return of the table as a center of pleasure and the idea of living a slower, more harmonious life.
To find out about how Slow Food San Diego got started and who we are, click “About Us.”